I was approved for a green card but left the US can I continue with the process?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

My dad petitioned me in 2001 I received the notice in 2003 and left voluntarily the US in 2005. My dad is a Citizen, the status of the petition is Post Decision. I live in Tijuana, Mexico. Is there a way I can continue with the process, or is it lost completely?

It was under section: unmarried child (under 21) of us citizen, 201(b) INA.

I got to the US when I was 10 yrs old and left when I was 19 yrs old.

1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

2

1

Answered . Need to know more. Assuming you are over 21 you are either under the Family Based 1st Preference (if unmarred) or 3rd if married and there is a "quota" that control when you will be eligible to obtain an "immigrant visa" (green card). However if you lived illegally in the U.S. for over 180 days you will need to get a waiver (and that was the only time you were in the U.S. illegally). This is a complex case and you should see a qualified immigration lawyer (you can do it by telephone).

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . Cannot be determined on the facts posted, but given the time elapsed, it is likely that the process will need to be started with a new petition.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Eliza Grinberg

2

Answered . Not enough information to provide you with a feedback.