I was approved by fla.Hardest Hit Fund for re-instatement of my mortgage why is BOA still moving foward with foreclosure.

Lehigh Acres, FL |

On 12-8-1012 i was approved for mortgage re-instatement yet BOA has proceeded and i was given a sale date on 4-6-13 for May 8,2013.Can I stop this foreclosure sale at this point.

Why would BOA ignore the fact that these funds are available after 27 months of my diligence to get this GRANT APPROVED ?

It is now April. If you were approved in Dec., why is the loan not reinstated ? That seems to be where the issue is.

You should consult a knowledgable attorney who understands Chapter 13 proceedings and foreclosure. The Middle District of Florids bankruptcy court has a good foreclosure mediation program. If you have a source of reinstatement funds, a properly crafted plan and mediation is probably your best shot.

Please note that the above is not intended as legal advice, it is for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is created or is intended to be created hereby. You should contact a local attorney to discuss and to obtain legal advice.

It may be that hardest hit paid your mortgage payments for a period, then the default continued. This may mean that the bank could get its math wrong in calculating a correct default date, or may not correctly offset the judgment amount by the amount already paid. You should have a foreclosure lawyer review the math and the situation in more detail. Also, consider modification. I have had clients approved for modification after florida's hardest hit paid some of my client's mortgage payments.

Classic example of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Consult a real estate lawyer familiar with this to confirm your enrollment in the program. Many houses are lost due to bank error

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt