I was an International Student in USA Can i re enter usa with an unpaid debt from school .I got new tourist visa 2 weeks ago

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigrant status

I have been International student in US and i left the country 2 years ago with a school unpaid of appx 6000 dollars . I just got my new tourist visa from usa consulate .Will i be abble to entry USA without any problem at the airport . I came to know that a judgement has alreday been entered against me that 's all,will this problem may affect my immigration case

You should be able to enter the country. It's a civil issue..

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

No one can guarantee that they won'd 'find' you to collect the debt which you owe.

No, you probably won't have an issue entering.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You should be able to come to the US.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration