I was abused when i was underages by my mom. im 23 now, is it possible to still press charges of physical and mental abuse?

Asked over 1 year ago - Stevens Point, WI

The abuse started happening when i was 7, she would hit and grab you on your arm till it would bruise. She also was verbally abusive and would make you fearful of her by grinding her teeth and getting in your face while squeezing your arm till it went numb. She also beat me sometimes to the point that i had bruises and now i have ptsd and depression and am suicidale from all the abuse.I have nightmares every week because of what happened.

1. Tajara Dommershausen

Pro

Answered . The statute of limitations for child abuse is 6 years so it is unlikely that you could press charges but you can go to the police department and report the abuse.

2. Gregory J. Jerabek

Pro

Answered . First and foremost, I am sorry to hear about the abuse you suffered; no one should have to endure things like this.

However, I believe that it is unlikely that law enforcement will do anything about this anymore due to the passage of time, your age, etc.

The best advice that I can give you is to immediately seek out some professional help. Suicide is not an answer to this problem.

3. Erin Patricia Farley

Answered . I will re-tag this for the criminal experts. Got to the police and report this.