I was abused emotionally physically and sexually from age 3 to 16 I have had a lot of issues since than is it possible to sue?

Melbourne, FL |

i am a very depressed 19 year old male and i would really like some help. I was touched at age 5, I got beaten numerous times and put in the hospital and had to lie about what happened... I was put down and neglected after the death of my little sister in 2008 which really put a dent in my life my mother gave me drugs at age 14 to cope with any problems in my life...I resent her a lot and I know that may sound bad but it is how I feel....I really want her to pay for what she put me through...I have been in and out of doctors cant hold a job...I have ptsd along with severe depression and anger issues...I just want her out of my life and I want justice for myself what can I do

I am truly sorry to hear what you have had to endure in your life. This would be an issue that is best posed to an attorney who practices civil litigation. I wish you the best with your future and encourage you to obtain and/or continue counseling.

Tami L. Augen Rhodes
561-932-1700

so I should contact a personal injury lawyer? I just want her to stay away from me and I want some justice for what she did to me...she still to this day acts the same and is just careless. her main priority is smoking marijuana and I am concerned for my 11 year old sisters well being I don't want what happened to me to happen to her.

Tami Lane Augen

Tami Lane Augen

While I cannot offer you legal advice on what you should do, one option that you have is to contact an attorney who does civil litigation/personal injury. If there is a minor child still in the house with an abusive adult, you may want to consider immediately contacting a family law attorney who can provide you with legal advice on the best way to handle that matter.

yes there is a 11 year old child there... do you have any referrals in Melbourne fl? I am sorry to be such a pain I just have no help I don't know where to turn

Tami Lane Augen

Tami Lane Augen

I do not know of anyone in Melbourne; however, I am going to reach out to a colleague of mine who may practice statewide to see if this is a matter she may know more about.

I haven't been able to find any lawyers that could help me, is there any hope for me in this situation...I was institutionalized and the doctors told me I have ptsd and depression due to my childhood and issues with my mother and I could file a civil suit against her but no one seems to want to help me

Tami Lane Augen

Tami Lane Augen

I reached out to one of my colleagues that practices personal injury/civil litigation. I will let you know what response I receive.

Tami Lane Augen

Tami Lane Augen

I have not been able to find a referral for you. You may want to try to post your question in the civil litigation/personal injury area of Avvo to see if you can obtain any additional assistance. I wish you the best of luck.

I am so sorry for your situation. My colleague is right in that you should direct this question to a civil litigation attorney, probably a personal injury attorney. I would suspect that there are statute of limitation issues and proof issues that your injury attorney would talk to you about. I would also suggest that getting involved in litigation over these painful issues may not do anything to help you heal from this trauma, and may hinder the process of healing. Hope this helps.

I just want justice and I am concerned because I have a 11 year old sister that lives with her now and I know things haven't changed

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

I can certainly understand. If you are aware of any abuse that your sister might be currently experiencing or has experienced, then you should report the abuse.

There have been some successful cases where an adult child sued a parent for the type of abuse you suffered, but only a very experienced civil litigation lawyer can assist you. Talk to one as soon as possible because the statute of limitations may be getting close. Good luck to you.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

thank you for your feedback. do you have any references in Melbourne fl? I really don't know where to turn to