I was abused emotionally physically and sexually from age 3 to 16 I have had a lot of issues since than is it possible to sue?

Asked 11 months ago - Melbourne, FL

i am a very depressed 19 year old male and i would really like some help. I was touched at age 5, I got beaten numerous times and put in the hospital and had to lie about what happened... I was put down and neglected after the death of my little sister in 2008 which really put a dent in my life my mother gave me drugs at age 14 to cope with any problems in my life...I resent her a lot and I know that may sound bad but it is how I feel....I really want her to pay for what she put me through...I have been in and out of doctors cant hold a job...I have ptsd along with severe depression and anger issues...I just want her out of my life and I want justice for myself what can I do

1. Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Pro

2

1

Answered . I am so sorry for your situation. My colleague is right in that you should direct this question to a civil litigation attorney, probably a personal injury attorney. I would suspect that there are statute of limitation issues and proof issues that your injury attorney would talk to you about. I would also suggest that getting involved in litigation over these painful issues may not do anything to help you heal from this trauma, and may hinder the process of healing. Hope this helps.

2. Carin Manders Constantine

2

Answered . There have been some successful cases where an adult child sued a parent for the type of abuse you suffered, but only a very experienced civil litigation lawyer can assist you. Talk to one as soon as possible because the statute of limitations may be getting close. Good luck to you.

3. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

1

1

Answered . I am truly sorry to hear what you have had to endure in your life. This would be an issue that is best posed to an attorney who practices civil litigation. I wish you the best with your future and encourage you to obtain and/or continue counseling.

Tami L. Augen Rhodes
    561-932-1700