I was a victim of hit run driver,I walk in a cross walk with a green light. My injuries was not severe. The police report file .

San Francisco, CA |

I have the driver name and license. The police is slow prevent me with driver insurance information. Had can I get the drivers insurance information without a lawyer, because lawyer told me my case was not worth a lawyer's time.

You can make an insurance inquiry on the other driver through the DMV. Fill out form SR-19 (you can find it online) and mail it to the DMV with a check for $20.00.

Even if your injuries were not "severe", you still need to continuously follow up with your doctor if you are having any pain. Some pain, while not severe, will continue for a long time if it is not treated. This is also your one bite of the apple, so to speak. If you do not treat now and have pain later, the other driver and their insurance company will try to avoid reimbursing you for the late treatment.

2. Both law enforcement and the prosecutor will have insurance information about the other driver.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. You can call the other party and ask for his ins info. Also, the police usually will have a report ready fairly soon. If they don't have the complete report ready, the first page of the report is usually available right away, and that page should have the ins info on it. If the accident just happened, you should make sure you have recovered from injuries before settling. You may want to get another opinion from a local atty before you deal direct with the ins co.

4. You can get info from owner, police or dmv...