I was a victim of domestic violence, how and who can help me to apple for a u visa? i have a 11 month old i need help please!!!

Red Bank, NJ |
Filed under: Domestic violence

my boyfriend was arrested and deported i have medical records and police reports

1. As has been previously said on topics of this level of importance .... some questions here can be quickly, easily, and accurately answered. Others cry out for getting a professional legal opinion and a formal consultation with an attorney. You're in that second category. I would find an attorney who dual specializes in immigration and Family Law.

Sorry I can't be of more help - except that I know there ARE programs for people in your situation. Also might try the national domestic violence hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233); they may have a referral and can certainly point you toward local support groups.

IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER AND APPRECIATE THE TIME IT TOOK TO WRITE IT, PLEASE SELECT IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Thanks. The above is said without seeing your case file and without my understanding the entirety of the facts of your case. Depending on those facts, the above information be may incomplete or may be completely inaccurate. The above is intended as general information only based on what you described and not as legal advice. I advise you to consult with counsel who may be able to provide better information commensurate with a better understanding of your situation.

2. The U visa is for victims of domestic violence who are married to a US citizen. If your husband was deported, you do not qualify for this visa.

3. I suggest speaking to an immigration attorney not a criminal defense attorney.