I was a victim of domestic violence, how and who can help me to apple for a u visa? i have a 11 month old i need help please!!!

Asked over 2 years ago - Red Bank, NJ

my boyfriend was arrested and deported i have medical records and police reports

1. David Perry Davis

2

Answered . As has been previously said on topics of this level of importance .... some questions here can be quickly, easily, and accurately answered. Others cry out for getting a professional legal opinion and a formal consultation with an attorney. You're in that second category. I would find an attorney who dual specializes in immigration and Family Law.

Sorry I can't be of more help - except that I know there ARE programs for people in your situation. Also might try the national domestic violence hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233); they may have a referral and can certainly point you toward local support groups.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . The U visa is for victims of domestic violence who are married to a US citizen. If your husband was deported, you do not qualify for this visa.

3. Mark M Cheser

1

Answered . I suggest speaking to an immigration attorney not a criminal defense attorney.