Skip to main content

I was a victim of burglary, if the police doesn't found my stolen items, may I sue the city of Los Angeles to recover my loses.

Los Angeles, CA |

It was a break in to my house, crime realized by gang's members.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. No.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  2. NO. You can't sue City.

    DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only. It doesn't constitute legal advice. This answer doesn't create attorney client relationship.

  3. No, you cannot sue the City of Los Angeles if the LAPD fails to recover the items that were stolen from your home.

  4. I would be interested in your theory about why what you ask about might be the case. Are you confused about the difference between the city and an insurance company?

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.