Skip to main content

I was a victim of a three car accident. The driver who caused the accident did not have insurance so I sued the second driver

Orlando, FL |

I lost in court. Now, I am due in court by the second drivers insurance to pay court and expert fees. My trial is tomorrow, I have representation but how should I be handling this?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Taking someone to trial involves risk. If you lose, you can be responsible for the other side's costs (and even their attorney fees in some situations). Your lawyer should have explained these risks to you. Often, the other side is more interested in making sure you don't appeal than really going after you for costs. You should discuss this with your lawyer, who should tell you your options.

  2. Too much left unsaid. You have to rely upon the advice of your counsel. That is what they are paid to do.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

  3. Your lawyer will prep you before court.

    Free Consultation. 1-877-258-3083. Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted.

  4. You have a lawyer, and he/she will advise you before court.

    Free Consultation. 1-800-330-2274

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics