I was a pedestrian walking to get some gas, I was walkimg on the side of the road and was struck by a car knock unconcious

Asked over 1 year ago - Lithonia, GA

The driver said I was in the middle of the road and the police faulted me , I did not receive a citation at all, and he did not take the witness statement can I still sue?

1. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

7

Best Answer

Answered . An inaccurate police accident report is not a good thing but certainly not fatal to your claim. I suggest that you hire a Georgia PI attorney from this forum. That attorney can work with you to submit a request to correct the PAR, and, at the very least, put your objection to the report ön record." Good luck.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment
  2. L. Ty Wilson

Pro

6

Answered . There are a bunch of facts that need to be explored in your situation. Sorry to hear about you being hit. You want to speak with a Personal Injury attorney, the matter needs to be investigated quickly to see if there are any witnesses that can support your claim. You do have a claim, however more facts need to be discovered and investigated.

I am happy to speak with you about any questions you may have. Feel free to contact me at 770-948-5454.

Ty

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.
  3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . Report this to your insurer.

4. Timothy Minthorn Klob

Pro

2

Answered . I would definitely discuss in a face to face meeting with an attorney as soon as possible. Much more information is needed in order to determine whether you can pursue a claim and what your chances of success in pursuing your claim will be. I would recommend that you seek legal counsel immediately, because claims do not get better with the passage of time and there are significant steps that you can and should take in order to preserve evidence and ensure that you maximize your potential for recovery.

Timothy M. Klob
    Klob Law Firm
    770-554-8100

Pro

3

Answered . Don't let anyone tell you that you were at fault. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Ainsworth G. Dudley Jr.

1

Answered . There are not enough facts from your question to determine if the driver was negligent. Contact an attorney and tell him exactly how the incident occurred, identify potential witnesses and discuss your injuries with the attorney. You may have a good case - you may not.
    Ainsworth G. Dudley
    dudleylaw@imnisp.com
    (404) 687-8205

7. Sidney Weinstein

1

Answered . If you haven't already done so, you need to immediately see a doctor to assess your injuries. Report the incident to your insurance company(ies) to protect your right to coverage, if any. You need to also speak with an Atlanta, Georgia personal injury attorney so that the details of the incident can be investigated to determine exactly what happened. Optimally, there are witnesses that can be found to give an impartial account of the incident. The sooner you speak with an attorney the better as evidence and witnesses rapidly disappear. Only after a thorough investigation will you be able to decide if you can sue.

Law Office of Sidney Weinstein
    Atlanta, Georgia Accident Injury Attorney
    404-522-3108

Sidney