I was a passenger in bad hit&run accident,no ins on car I was in and have tons of medical bills, what can I do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Minneapolis, MN

I was a passenger in a hit and run accident on the highway. A semi truck hit us and kept going. I was injured badly and had a 5 night hospital stay and need surgery on my shoulder and knee. My medical insurance wont pay for it, and I did not ow a car or obviously have car insurance at the time. Is there anything I can do or programs that will help me?

Pro

7

Answered . The semi would have had to go through a weigh station which would have video recordings that would show the damage.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

5

Answered . Depending on whether you reside with anyone who owns a vehicle you would be possibly eligible for Minnesota Assigned Claims for payment of your medical and wage loss up to $20,000.00.

If you do live with someone who has insurance you may have coverage from their vehicle.

If you are interested you can call me for a free consultation

Ken LaBore
    612-743-9048

3. Paul Y. Lee

5

Answered . Report the accident to the police right away. The hit and run driver needs to be apprehended. Once the driver has been identified you can sue the driver. The driver's insurance company may pay for any settlement or judgment against the driver. You should consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. I do not know the reason why your insurance is not paying your medical expenses, but many doctors will provide treatment on a lien basis -- I.e., you won't need to pay the bills until there is a recovery. Your attorney may be able to help you with this. You attorney also may be able to assist in locating the other driver if necessary. Good luck.

4. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . Mr. LaBore has given you some good advice. He is very knowledgeable in this area of the law. I would consider talking with an attorney who could hire an investigator to possibly f ind the name of the. Semi-truck company.