I was a passenger in an at fault accident. Do I have a right to personal injury/pain and suffering claims?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Mill, SC

I had permission to borrow my aunts vehicle but i had a couple drinks and allowed a friend to drive her car instead. I suffered a broken and dislocated jaw and my sons head hit the windshield and also went through the passenger window and suffered facial injuries. The insurance company isn't wanting to pay. What can I do???

1. Bradford Andrews

19

Answered . Call a lawyer. The Insurance company will not do you any favors. Involving a lawyer should change the negotiation dynamic completely (in your favor).

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

19

Answered . You keep compounding the problem by not consulting with local and qualified personal injury litigation counsel. Please stop talking to the insurance company. You and for sure your son have claims that warrant separate counsel. Good luck.

3. Ryan S Montgomery

Pro

15

Answered . Consult a lawyer and show them you won't take no for an answer

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

15

Answered . You can consult with a local personal injury attorney who can properly advise you after learning the facts.

5. Michael R Crosner

13

Answered . IMMEDIATELY contact a local personal injury attorney. Do not wait any longer - wait talking to the insurance adjuster - as you have learned, the adjuster is not on your side.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

12

Answered . I agree with the responding car accident attorneys. You should absolutely consult with a top car accident attorney in your area to help you with your injuries as well as your son's. Best of luck.

Pro

12

Answered . A local personal injury lawyer should certainly investigate. Contact one of the distinguished lawyers in your state above.

8. Patrick S. Mintzer

11

Answered . You need to consult with an attorney who will deal directly with the insurance company on your behalf.

9. Clifford Horwitz

Pro

10

Answered . You should contact a local Personal Injury attorney to investigate the matter for you.

10. Gregory Jay Brod

10

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about this accident and I hope your'e getting the treatment and care needed for your recovery. You should consult with an attorney in your area to see what your specific rights are so you can determine if you'd like to pursue the recovery of damages, which would include your pain and suffering. Good luck.

11. Paul Hilmon Cannon

10

Answered . Yes you probably have a claim. Possibly many claims. You had authority to entrust the vehicle to another unless your aunt told you specifically not too. You can bring a claim against the driver. His personal insurance, your aunts insurance and your own under-insured motorist insurance would all apply (assuming everyone had licenses and no one was excluded) You would also have a claim against your own pip and your aunt's pip. Meet with a local personal injury lawyer to discuss.

12. William West Seegmiller

8

Answered . First of all, I hope that you are getting treated for your injuries and that your son has also been seen by a doctor. Secondly, you should contact a personal injury attorney who can walk you through the process and can explain to you all the sources of insurance you may have available. Your friend who drove may have coverage, your aunt's vehicle should have coverage and your own insurance company's uninsured/under insured coverage may apply. Best of luck and hope you have a speedy recovery. -- West