I was a passenger in a car that rolled off the road. I am still in pain and want to know how to gt money from this acident.

Asked over 1 year ago - Arcata, CA

the crash was in November 2012

1. Malosack Berjis

18

Answered . The best thing you can do at this point is to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

17

Answered . Hire a personal injury attorney near the location of this rollover. You most likely have a claim that can be enhanced with counsel.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

16

Answered . "How to get money"? Pardon me, but not the healthiest attitude. If you are injured obtain appropriate medical care. Contact local and qualified personal injury counsel. Good luck.

4. Kevin Coluccio

16

Answered . Focus on getting proper medical treatment. Contact and consult with a personal injury attorney.

5. Michael Shemtoub

14

Answered . Get a copy of the police report and contact a local attorney,

Pro

14

Answered . You would want to retain one of the lawyers above in your state for representation.

7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

13

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  8. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

10

Answered . When someone is injured in a motor vehicle accident (especially a "rear ender" which means liability is pretty much a given... And it is not the one who gets rear ended), he or she should get immediate medical attention. Then, hire a personal injury attorney. If the accident was not a rear ender, the attorney will advise on fault and liability.

When someone is injured, he or she should only be concerned with getting better, attending doctor visits, attending physical therapy, etc. The lawyer will handle the rest... Figuring out who to sue, whether insurance covers the accident, whose insurance should cover, etc.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

9. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

10

Answered . See a doctor and then see a lawyer.

10. Wendy Ha Chau

9

Answered . The car rolled over? Sounds like a bad accident. Glad you are okay.
    You need to get treated as soon as possible and then seek an attorney secondly for legal advise.
    Also important, your statute of limitation is two years from the date of accident.

Welcome to contact my law office. Either way good-luck and get well. :)
    www.wc-advocateforjustice.com

One or more answers have been taken down.