I was a pass.in a car accident the driver was my wife I was injured now her ins says they will only pay med bills no loss wages

Asked over 1 year ago - Visalia, CA

Is this true am I not able to claim loss wages n pain n suffering? She has full coverage which includes med pay property damage and bodily injury.

1. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

7

Answered . If you live in the same household, there is likely a "resident-relative" exclusion that prevents you from recovering from the liability coverage when your wife is at fault. Liability coverage includes medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering. However, medical payments coverage covers medical bills regardless of fault, and so that is probably why the insurance company is covering your medical expenses but not your other losses. If you were separated from your wife, that may be a different story and you should consult a pesonal injury attorney.

Pro

8

Answered . Your insurance policy may exclude members of the household. Have a local personal injury lawyer review your policy.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Steven Mark Sweat

6

Answered . No. From your description of her coverage, it sounds like you should be able to claim loss of earnings, medical expenses and pain and suffering. You need to hire an attorney to demand a copy of the policy and review coverages and to submit your claims.

4. Sean Michael Patrick

6

Answered . You should immediately consult a personal injury attorney to help you with your claim. It appears that the insurance is playing games.

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

5

Answered . It is difficult to advise you without reading the policy. If you are excluded from benefits, then that is the end of the road, However, you may sue the other person if it was their fault, or your own insurance if you have one independent of your wife. Best of luck.

6. Frank Marvin Nunes

4

Answered . Make sure the insurance company puts that in writing. As a person who they insure and someone who pays premiums to you, they must treat you better than someone who they do not insure.

I have handled several cases for the insurance companies and now I help injured people stand up to them in situations such as yours.

Please call me to discuss this with a local attorney who knows the Central San Joaquin Valley.

Frank Nunes (559) 421-9465.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now