I was a new denied Unemployment under section 1277 in California after providing proof of disability during the claim

Asked about 1 year ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

My original Unemployment claim was 08/11/2012 to 08/10/2013, however I had to suspend the UI claim for 6 months (Sept.11, 2012 - April 5, 2013) and received SDI. Once I was authorized to return back to work in April I re-opened the UI claim. The claim had recently expired on August 10, 2013 with a balance of $1052, I asked the EDD rep what my next step would be and I was instructed to file a new claim.

Soon after I filed the new claim online I was mailed a denial letter stating that because I didn't work or earn at least $1300 in the last 12 months the new claim is invalid. However the letter did say that I may appeal if I was diabled.

During the appeal, I presented proof of disability during the claim, and still denied.

Is this fair since I was disabled for 6 mos? What should I do?

1. Neil Pedersen

Answered . Then appeal. Be prepared to prove your period of disability. Preview section 1277 before your appeal so you understand what you have to prove.

Good luck to you.