I was 28 and She was 18, (two months away from turning 19) when we met. Is it illegal to talk and text eachother?

Victoria, TX |

She still lives with her parents. She graduates highschool in two months from now. She works at a nursing home. I recieved threats from the parents that I've been warned.

1. No not illegal to text anyone who is an adult.

Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.

2. Even if she is living with her parents, if she is over 18 she is an adult so there is nothing illegal about your having contact with her. Her parents may not like it, but its not unlawful...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

3. While it may not be illegal, it can still cause you problems if they accuse you of something. While you might beat the rap, you probably won't beat the ride. (Having to pay to post bond, get an attorney, fight to get the charges dismissed or tried to an acquittal.) Be prepared to have a lot of drama in that relationship. Good Luck.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.