I was 28 and She was 18, (two months away from turning 19) when we met. Is it illegal to talk and text eachother?

She still lives with her parents. She graduates highschool in two months from now. She works at a nursing home. I recieved threats from the parents that I've been warned.

Victoria, TX -

Bart Charles Craytor

Bart Charles Craytor

Juvenile Law Attorney - Texarkana, TX

While it may not be illegal, it can still cause you problems if they accuse you of something. While you might beat the rap, you probably won't beat the ride. (Having to pay to post bond, get an attorney, fight to get the charges dismissed or tried to an acquittal.) Be prepared to have a lot of drama in that relationship. Good Luck.

Kathryn Mary Holton

Kathryn Mary Holton

Criminal Defense Attorney - Georgetown, TX

No not illegal to text anyone who is an adult.

Deepali Meenu Walters

Deepali Meenu Walters

Juvenile Law Attorney - San Antonio, TX

She's an adult. There's no crime here.

David Herman Hirsch

David Herman Hirsch

State, Local, and Municipal Law Attorney - San Luis Obispo, CA

Even if she is living with her parents, if she is over 18 she is an adult so there is nothing illegal about your having contact with her. Her parents may not like it, but its not unlawful...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.