Skip to main content

I wanted to know if it says I was awarded a judgment and I haven't received it how and what do I need to do to collect it

Phoenix, AZ |

Unpaid Judgment

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Are you saying a court in Arizona has ordered a judgment in your name? I would need plenty more details. You could file writs of garnishment to seize assets, wages, etc. but this is contingent upon the type of judgment you were awarded. Talk to an attorney and insist upon a free consult. Good luck!

Scott A. Mac Leod is licensed to practice law in Arizona. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.


You will need to take some further action to collect the debt that was awarded in the judgment. You can file a garnishment to collect the funds from their paycheck or a bank account. You may want to contact a civil or creditor's attorney to assist you in filing the action.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer