Skip to main content

I wanted to know if i can have my daughters biological fathers rights terminated?

Houston, TX |

My daughter is 20 months and her bio father is not really in her life. i lived in Nova Scotia and now New Brunswick and he lives in Ontario, he has NEVER came to see her, he only gets to see her when i pay to go down (because my father and brothers live in Ontario). Hes seen her 4 times since shes been born. He doesn't/has never paid child support or bought her anything and only emails be maybe once a month to ask how she is because his mother wants to know, to which i reply "good" and that's good enough for him. In the summer i never hear from him for 5 months and this summer has been no different so far. He drinks and smokes weed and possibly does cocaine (some people down there have told me he does) My boyfriend has been raising her since she was 6 weeks old and wants to adopt her.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Marry boyfriend then file a petition to adopt with a request for termination and it will lilkey be granted. File a motion to terminate with no adoption will not likely be granted.

Fran Brochstein

Fran Brochstein


I agree - marry boyfriend. Then talk to an experienced family law attorney about what you need to accomplish this.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer