I want too see my husband but there is a protective order he wants too see me as well.... Can I go too jail for that?

Asked over 2 years ago - Conroe, TX

I was asaulted by my husband while he was drunk , he has agreed too go too AA and anger managment . We would like too see eachother but I'm afraid of going too jail , but the protective order only states he cant come with in 200 feet of me or my children. Nothing about me . I'm worried I will go too jail if I go see him , but really need him now . My father just past away and I just want too see my husband.

1. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

4

Answered . You can't be charged wih violating PO but if you meet with your husband, you are putting him in a situation where he is violating PO and he will also b committing a new criminal offense. I would not do that.

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

4

Answered . The protective order is a court order that can only be vacated or modified by a judge. You cannot simply give him permission to be with you. You will not get into trouble (or go to jail) because the order doesn't prevent you from doing anything. I does, however, prevent him and if he gets caught violating the courts order he will be arrested and charged with additional offenses. Try contacting your husbands attorney and let him/her know how you feel. They may be able to get the matter in front of the judge.

3. Cynthia Russell Henley

1

1

Answered . Generally protective orders do not keep you from seeing each other but only keeps him from going near your home or work, or from threatening or assaulting you. If that is how HIS reads then you can both meet in public.

If you really want to help him, talk to his lawyer about what is okay and what is not, and how you can help. You do not want to be a party to his violations. You cannot violate what is a protective order against HIM.

4. Jonathan Neal Portner

Pro

2

Answered . The protective order was done to protect you. So think twice before you walk down that road again. No you cannot be in violation of an order that pertains to your husband.However, if he meets with you he is in violation of the order.