I want too see my husband but there is a protective order he wants too see me as well.... Can I go too jail for that?

Conroe, TX |

I was asaulted by my husband while he was drunk , he has agreed too go too AA and anger managment . We would like too see eachother but I'm afraid of going too jail , but the protective order only states he cant come with in 200 feet of me or my children. Nothing about me . I'm worried I will go too jail if I go see him , but really need him now . My father just past away and I just want too see my husband.

1. You can't be charged wih violating PO but if you meet with your husband, you are putting him in a situation where he is violating PO and he will also b committing a new criminal offense. I would not do that.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. Generally protective orders do not keep you from seeing each other but only keeps him from going near your home or work, or from threatening or assaulting you. If that is how HIS reads then you can both meet in public.

If you really want to help him, talk to his lawyer about what is okay and what is not, and how you can help. You do not want to be a party to his violations. You cannot violate what is a protective order against HIM.

3. The protective order is a court order that can only be vacated or modified by a judge. You cannot simply give him permission to be with you. You will not get into trouble (or go to jail) because the order doesn't prevent you from doing anything. I does, however, prevent him and if he gets caught violating the courts order he will be arrested and charged with additional offenses. Try contacting your husbands attorney and let him/her know how you feel. They may be able to get the matter in front of the judge.

4. The protective order was done to protect you. So think twice before you walk down that road again. No you cannot be in violation of an order that pertains to your husband.However, if he meets with you he is in violation of the order.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm