I want to visit my fiance.may i get visit visa for USA as i have been there on K-1 visa ?which documents do i need?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

Hello, My fiance (US National) had applied for a K1 (Fiance Visa) for me(female) and I was able to come to the US. We fixed a date for the marriage but during that time my father fell deathly ill and i had to rush back to Pakistan. Now our marriage will be held in my home country(Pakistan) after my delivery because now i am pregnant with my fiance, I am 6 months pregnant. But now i want to visit my fiance.may i get visit visa for USA as i have been there on K-1 visa ?which documents do i need?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carlos E Sandoval

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may request the visitor's visa, but I think you will have a hard time proving the required non-immigrant intent as your fiance lives in the United States and the consular officer may think you are coming to stay. I had a client in a similar situation and she requested the visitor visa and it was granted. But I think that's more the exception than the rule.

  2. Irene Vaisman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Marry in Pakistan and wait for your husband to sponsor you through consular processing. Chances of coming in to see a US citizen fiancee when you are 6 months pregnant - not too great. Also maybe you guys should consider him visiting you. Your fiancee should work with an experienced attorney to have the process go smooth.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry about your father. But, I must agree with Ms. Vaisman ... you should forget about trying to get a tourist visa ... especially since you are pregnant and it will soon be dangerous to fly.

    Get married and file for the greencard.

    Don't worry, the child will be a US Citizen and you can get his/her passport at the US Consul the same time as you get your papers.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The fees to apply for a visitor visa to the US is less than $100. The worst the consular officer can do is deny your application for a visitor visa. A denial should have no adverse effect on the immigrant visa petition your husband will be filing for you once you two are married.

    There is always that chance that you will be interviewed by a consular officer who will look beyond the strict language of law and approve your visitor visa application.

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,589 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,589 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering