I want to unemployment to get job traini, i told the guy i was disable, he said he can't help me.because i am disable..and sent

Asked 12 months ago - Plainfield, NJ

me to dvr ,that's what they have for us disable. DVR SUCKS. I ask to talk to the case manger and she said,i should not tell people i am disable.that's like telling guys to go back in the closet.. i don't tell jos co i am disable.but this was a gov place i want to get help.my Dad says file a case with the feds

1. Michael T Warshaw

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Are you totally disabled or only partially disabled? Was the purpose of the training to enable you to develop ability to perform other jobs that you might qualify for? If so, then you need to go back to square one and start over, hopefully with a new person at the unemployment office, and seek the training you hope to get, based upon a limitation or a partial disability. You must emphasize your ability to work and your desire to work. If you are totally disabled, file for SSD or SSI, depending upon your eligibility, and start that ball rolling - the sooner, the better.

2. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

4

1

Answered . In order to get job training, you need to say you are "partially disabled" and not "100% disabled" for your claim. By telling state agencies you are "100% disabled" there would be no need to do job training which you cannnot do because you are "100% disabled" so you talked yourself right out of the benefit.

3. Brett A. Borah

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.