I want to transmit USA citizenship to my daughter who lives over see.

Asked 10 months ago - Nashville, TN

i am USA citizen i want to transmit USA citizenship to my daughter who lives over see.my daughter was born two month ago. I was told i have to provided proof of physical presence in USA five year before my daughter was born.now my question is does the physical presence in USA does that mean for five years continuously with out leaving the USA even for single day? . i lived in USA for 15 years out of this 15 years i lived out of USA only one year. Please i need your help and thank you in advance for your answer.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

Answered . You need to have lived in the US for five years before her birth, two of which we're were after your 14th birthday.

2. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

1

Answered . Your child's acquisition of US citizenship will depend on a number of factors, including the citizenship of the other parents and whether you are married to the other parent. Discuss this very fact-specific issue with an experienced immigration attorney.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on Avvo.com are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.
  3. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Answered . If your daughter were born 2 months ago, how come she was born overseas?