I want to terminate a independent contractor employment. We are in California.

Asked about 1 year ago - Murrieta, CA

This person is creating a hostel work environment
I fear continued employment could lead to a sexual harassment lawsuit do to her behavior. How should I proceed.

1. Kristine S Karila

2

Answered . You should proceed cautiously so as not to set yourself up for a lawsuit. Call an employment law attorney to discuss. If you have a written contract with the person you want to terminate the work relationship with, have it ready to discuss. Also, as an employer, you have a legal duty to handle sexual harassment issues appropriately. 949-481-6909.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . You should set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Most attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. There are no hourly fees and most attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case.

3. T. Joshua Ritz

Answered . Take the time to document your reasons for terminating the relationship and substantiating the reasons. Then consult with an attorney to evaluate the risk of termination. You should have witness statements and otherwise taken other steps to document what is going on.