I want to supeona my deceased Aunts banking records & accountingv records from the courthouse in San Francisco...

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

`...How do i go about doing this? What legal document is needed? Please help TY~ :)

1. Daniel Mcgraw Little

4

Answered . The bank records may have been lodged with the Court if it is part of a Probate proceeding. The final accounting is part of the public record. To have any rights you must be shown to be an heir and/or beneficiary. You definitely need legal representation.

2. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

3

Answered . Any documents filed in a probate case are matters of public record and no subpoena is necessary. All you have to do is copy the court file. However, those records are probably not filed with any court.

If there is a pending probate you would have to file an appropriate petition in those proceedings and then you could obtain the banking and accounting records from the personal representative with a notice to produce.

You should consult local probate counsel if you are an interested party in a pending probate proceeding. You do not want to take any action which could jeopardize your interest. If those records are pertinent to an issue you wish to raise, perhaps counsel could obtain them for you simply by asking counsel for the personal representative. Good luck.

3. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with Attorney Daymude. Depending on your situation, goal and the underlying facts, you should probably consult with a local probate attorney for fact specific guidance.