I want to sue Walmart and need a lawyer

Houston, TX |

On January 6 2012 I was falsely accused, arrested, and charged with stealing from Walmart. Even after they knew they made a mistake and had the wrong person, they still pursued with having me charged. Loss prevention would even come to court pointing me out and continuing with the accusations! Today I finally got the case dismissed because they stopped showing up for court and didn't want to go any further I guess. I need a lawyer and would like to sue them!

If you've had your theft case dismissed, at this point you need a civil lawyer. I would think your criminal attorney could refer you to one who handles general civil litigation. A civil attorney can evaluate your case and let you know the likelihood of success on your claim. I will tell you it will be difficult. The burden will be on you to prove Walmart's actions were intentional. In other words, that they maliciously fabricated a case against you rather than simply being mistaken.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

He says he don't handle those type cases or deal with any good civil lawyers! They kind of left a bad paper tail of trying to make it me and also the video even shows it wasn't me and even in the interrogation room they knew that it wasn't me.

Do you know any good ones here in Houston or would you be willing to take the case?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

I don't handle civil cases or practice in Houston. Ask one of the Houston attorneys on Avvo for a referral. They'll know who to recommend.

Thanks

You have a long road to go to prove a false allegation. They didn't "stop showing up for court" because they never had to (unless it was a trial setting.) The lawyer who got your case dismissed today will know how that lawyer was able to succeed on your behalf. Talk with that lawyer first.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

I talked with him and he only does criminal and said we are finished!

Do you know of any good ones here in Houston who can help me or do you handle civil cases?

Lost prevention showed up I think twice and one time she showed up because they asked for the video and she said we don't have a video that's why I am here. Then she started pointing at me and saying out loud where everyone could here her, that I was the one stealing. Then no it wasn't me! The assistant DA was like ma'am calm down, who are you, and why are you here! Then she was like oh no it wasn't her! And he say then why are we here. The she came back one more time and never showed again! My last few settings were trial settings! This was my second lawyer. The first lawyer bs'd me and got me to sign for pre trial diversion. I hired another lawyer immediately and the judge withdrew it and almost every setting after that suppose to been trial settings.

You need a civil lawyer to assist you.

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com