I want to sue Walmart and need a lawyer

Houston, TX |

On January 6 2012 I was falsely accused, arrested, and charged with stealing from Walmart. Even after they knew they made a mistake and had the wrong person, they still pursued with having me charged. Loss prevention would even come to court pointing me out and continuing with the accusations! Today I finally got the case dismissed because they stopped showing up for court and didn't want to go any further I guess. I need a lawyer and would like to sue them!

1. If you've had your theft case dismissed, at this point you need a civil lawyer. I would think your criminal attorney could refer you to one who handles general civil litigation. A civil attorney can evaluate your case and let you know the likelihood of success on your claim. I will tell you it will be difficult. The burden will be on you to prove Walmart's actions were intentional. In other words, that they maliciously fabricated a case against you rather than simply being mistaken.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. You have a long road to go to prove a false allegation. They didn't "stop showing up for court" because they never had to (unless it was a trial setting.) The lawyer who got your case dismissed today will know how that lawyer was able to succeed on your behalf. Talk with that lawyer first.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

3. You need a civil lawyer to assist you.

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com