I want to sue my school because of sexual harassment and racial discrimination, the specialty of attorney that i should choose,

Dallas, TX |

I want to sue my school because of sexual harassment and racial discrimination, the specialty of attorney that i should choose, should be lawsuit or civil right?

That probably depends on whether you are a student or an employee of the school. If a student, look for a "school law attorney" if you were an employee, look for a "sexual harassment attorney" or "sexual discrimination rights attorney" Good luck, my friend.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

Without knowing any facts about your case, if you're an employee of the school, then it may be wiser to speak with an employment discrimination attorney. If you're a student, then it seems more reasonable to speak with an education/school law attorney.

thanks for your reply, i graduated, they did not hire me but hired other people that had less qualification than , for that i want to sue them, which field should be specialty of attorney in this case?

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

An employment discrimination attorney who has significant experience handling sexual harassment and race discrimination cases against schools, colleges or educational institutions. The requirements for bringing claims against schools are different from bringing claims against corporations. The internal grievance procedures for lodging your complaint of discrimination must be exhausted, every step, before seeking external redress in the courts. In other words, you should follow each step to resolve the complaint with the school, before bringing a lawsuit. The failure to exhaust the internal steps will likely result in your suit being dismissed. There are other quirks that you must be made aware of when suing a school. Consult with an attorney immediately as strict deadlines are in play.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Recommended articles about Employment