I want to sue GMAC for the loss of my condominium, how will I start this process?

Asked about 2 years ago - Madison, WI

a.) I am currently trying to look into owning again and everything/everyone has told me it is unrealistic because of the foreclosure of my property. b.) I have been in contact with the DOJ twice, Tammy Baldwin's Office three times, wrote the White House, Submitted Independent Foreclosure Review documents and returned certified mail back in Dec. 2011.

I have been given "SO" many different stories that I am at a loss as to what to do now! I want to own a home again and as recent as yesterday, I realized that I should sue. Scott Walker has used the Nat'l Mortgage Settlement monies that we are owed to balance the WI budget. I DESERVE TO BE A HOME OWNER AGAIN!!!!!!! AND I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL I GET WHAT I DESERVE!!!!!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael J. Briggs

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Call me. I have more questions than will fit in this little box. First 15 minutes free.

  2. Madaleine Fryda

    Contributor Level 1

    Answered . I understand your frustration with the situation you have described. Many homeowners have lost thier homes through foreclosure, when the truth is that the lender did not have the legal right to foreclose, or had not fulfilled thier obligations as participants in HAMP.
    Unfortunately, it sounds like the time may have passed to defend against the foreclosure action, although your question does not contain enough specific information for me to be certain of this. There are other courses of action you may be able to pursue, but it will be necessary to have an attorney skilled in foreclosure defense review your mortgage documents in order to determine what remedies may still be available to you.. Regarding the issue of future home ownership, yes of course it is possible! I have seen clients in similar circumstances go on to resolve thier financial problems, and become homeowners. Actually, the only bad news is that at some point you will need to take time to speak to an attorney and allow them to review your file in more detail. Please do not hesitate to contact my office if you have any further questions or would like to explore your options ; 608-247-0992.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,428 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,428 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering