I WANT TO SUE DCF, THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND SEMINOLE COUNTY! My son WAS NEGLECTED BY THEM IN FOSTER HOMES!

Lehigh Acres, FL |
Filed under: Civil rights

My son was taken. My rights have been violated. They keep adding on to the case plan. My son was placed with violent family members and these people were heavy drinkers, the husband beating the wife ect. My son is sick and when he was first taken he was put in a foster home that couldnt care for him with all the meds my son takes so my son became very sick.

I would urge you to first make any and all efforts to comply with the terms of your case plan. I know they can heap on a lot of requirements, but you must make an effort to satisfy or ask for help, or "services," in getting those items accomplished. The court can order all kinds of assistance for you to help get the case plan completed, but if you don't ask....

You should have been appointed an attorney. Sometimes, appointed dependency attorneys are less than helpful so, if you can afford it, obtain the services of private counsel. Look for Chapter 39, dependency, or adoption attorneys and consult with a few.

You will need to reach a disposition in this matter before you can begin a lawsuit against DCF or the state. All administrative remedies must first be exhausted and you are still on an open case plan. Don't let your anger and frustration keep you from the ultimate goal: substantial compliance with the case plan.

The above is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice nor makes you a client of the Mosca Law Firm, PA. Please consult with a lawyer in order to obtain confidential legal advice that is tailored to your specific situation and facts.

Civil rights topics