I want to submit a recording that I took of a doctor, without his knowledge, to the Sate Medical board?

Asked over 3 years ago - Pleasanton, CA

What are the ramifications for doing this? I'm reporting the doctor for severe negligence that will leave me sick for the rest of my life and this tape backs up my claims.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Covert audio taping of a private conversation in California can subject you to criminal prosecution as well as civil liability. Further, most courts and State licensing agencies will not admit "evidence" obtained in violation of California's statute prohibiting covert taping. You definitely ned to speak to a qualified and experienced lawyer before you take any action with respect to the tape you have made.

2. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

Answered . Have you contacted an attorney regarding this? Doctor's negligence is a serious thing. You could be reimbursed for all this.

3. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

Answered . Tape recording someone without their permission or knowledge is a misdemeanor in California.

4. Chad David Engelhardt

Pro

Answered . Under some State's laws, unconsented recording of conversations constitutes a crime. I am not a California attorney, but a simple Internet search seems to indicate that CA is such a 2 party consent state. You should seek the advice of a qualified medical malpractice attorney.

Of course, this is not meant as legal advice nor does it establish any professional relationship.