I want to store unused heavy equipment on my parents property. The state of wa says they need a permit or a business license

Asked almost 2 years ago - Olympia, WA

No money is exchanged for storing therefore they are not running a business on there property.just helping out the kids. The state of wa wants them to get an expensive permit to store my equipment. I'm not running a business on property and neither are they. Can they ignore the state and can I store equipment without penalty

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Thomas Martin Morningstar

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Get a land use, zoning and possibly environmental lawyer. Most attorneys do not do enough of these practices to give you a decent answer. I suspect that the "State" may be some sort of environmental regulatory body... it may be more about what the equipment is for, or what it may contain/leak/drip more than anything else.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,608 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,608 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering