I want to start my own business as a real estate investor under a S Corporation status am I able to apply using my home address?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bedford, TX

I do not have a business address -- only at home address in a apartment currently, but would like to know am I eligible to apply for S Corporation or LLC status?

1. Eric J Camm

5

1

Answered . You should be able to form either an LLC or a Corporation using either your address or acquiring a PO Box to serve as the address for the business. You will be required to have a registered agent that has a physical address, but you can be the registered agent and use your home address for that, or hire a company to serve as your registered agent.

An "S Corporation" is a tax election that you make, it's not an entity type per se. You can find more information about how to elect for S Corporation status on the IRS website (http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-...).

2. Steven John Clausen

Pro

1

Answered . Yes.

3. Robert Neil Newton

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you can. But, you may want to consider other entity alternatives. You should probably visit with an attorney to discuss your options.

4. Achmed Mirari Defreitas

Pro

Answered . Yes you can, you can also get a P.O. Box as suggest by Mr. Camm. Depending on the investment that you are going to make in starting your business, you may wish to contact one the virtual office companies. You can set up an arrangement where you can have a business address for your mail and to put on your business cards. They also provide other services like answering phones or providing office space as needed, if you want. You can check online to see if there is one near you.. I also agree with Mr. Newton that you may wish to consult with an attorney to see what the best business formation is for what you have in mind. Best of luck in your new venture!