I want to start a CCTV and Alarm System ( Self Monitoring) sales and installation company in Dallas, TX. Do I need a license?

Irving, TX |

I want to start a CCTV and Alarm System ( Self Monitoring) sales and installation company in Dallas, TX. Do I need a license? I called the state that license security; they says I need license but when I read the law it is not clear since it is just self monitoring system that not going to dial a cop or anything. Please help.

Thank you

1. The answer to your question would be "it depends" - without the specific facts and circumstances of your business it is very hard to evaluate your legal obligation in terms of license requirements. I strongly recommend that you contact an experienced business attorney to properly organize your company (if you have not done so), and then also evaluate your legal requirements.

This advice is for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship shall be formed as a result of the answer above.

2. The law is clear. Installing any such systems for payment requires the person installing to be licensed, period. Now there are many folks violating that law, but the law is clear.

We provide Strong & Cost Effective legal work in Houston and Dallas offices, as well as, by appointment Statewide. We will come to meet you in Texas or beyond ------------PLEASE NOTE =====> The information provided here is not legal advice as no attorney client relationship exists between us unless you contract with us for services. <====== ..... We work 7 days a week AND A LAWYER WILL RETURN YOUR EMAIL OR CALL THE SAME DAY! ! -- We want to become your lawyer!! Please MARK my answer as BEST or HELPFUL if it is, please !! Thank you. Edward Kazaleh

Business topics