I want to reapply for Asylum. What are my chances??

Richmond, VA |

I have applied for asylum in 2008 and was denied. My case was gunine and I have all supportive documents with me. But during my interview I was bit nervious to speak about my accidents which back fire me and I was denied.I went back to my F1 status and completed my masters. Now I am in my OPT and working in a company. A month ago some Incident took place back in my county which have terrified me.Going back to my county is like a suicidal trip. Is there a chance of reapplying my asylum case. My visa is also expired now??
Any suggestion or help is highly appreciate.
Thanks

1. At this time if you wish to apply for asylum, you can do so by proving changed country conditions. If they are severe enough, and the case is well prepared, you have a chance that it will be approved. I highly recommend meeting with an experienced immigration attorney and discussing this option before you proceed.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

2. The Asylum Office approves very few cases and the only way to get asylum usually is at the immigration court in removal proceedings. YOu can file again, and if you are out of status, you can renew the application at the immigration court.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. You can apply again per my colleagues responses but the biggest mistake you can make is to apply by yourself without the help of an attorney. Many people think it is just a matter of filling out a form but it is not - you are preparing a case that has to be won. Do you remember when you filed your application you had to write a statement describing what happened to you in your country? Some of statements I have written have run to 30 pages or more, because what the asylum office wants to see is DETAIL. If you would like to go over your case contact me at my website below. Good luck to you!

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is for informational purposes only. Before acting on this information you should discuss your problem with an immigration attorney.