I want to put my son on all my accounts (savings, checking, IRA) as a beneficiary. Is that a good move?

Asked 11 months ago - Fuquay Varina, NC

My husband passed away three months ago. My son already has POA.

1. Jason R. Page

5

Best Answer

Answered . There is no way to answer your question without more information. You should consult with a lawyer in your area that handles estate planning.

2. Cheryl K. David

Pro

5

Answered . Every situation is different, but it may make sense for you to do this. Please consult with an estate planning attorney.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . it appears you have a plan for incapacity(POA) and a plan to avoid probate(named beneficiaries).
    You should also have a will and health care surrogate.
    if you have real estate or other assets-you should look in to a living trust.

4. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

1