I want to put my son on all my accounts (savings, checking, IRA) as a beneficiary. Is that a good move?

Fuquay Varina, NC |

My husband passed away three months ago. My son already has POA.

There is no way to answer your question without more information. You should consult with a lawyer in your area that handles estate planning.

2. it appears you have a plan for incapacity(POA) and a plan to avoid probate(named beneficiaries).
    You should also have a will and health care surrogate.
    if you have real estate or other assets-you should look in to a living trust.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

3. it appears you have a plan for incapacity(POA) and a plan to avoid probate(named beneficiaries).

4. Every situation is different, but it may make sense for you to do this. Please consult with an estate planning attorney.

Wills and estates topics