I want to marry my fiance who florida. I live in Texas for my school. Is it okay if I file for my greencard staying in texas

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

He has been in florida but i cannot move there because of my school. We areplanning to get married but I dont to move in untill I am done with my studies. Is it okay if we get married and file for my green card and at the same time he stays in florida while I continue my education here in texas because it is cheaper here.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . It may be difficult for you to convince the USCIS that your marriage is bona fide unless you live together.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . I had cases like that approved, but it is very hard and requires substantial amount of charisma to be able to convince the officer that it is indeed a bona fide marriage and a temporary situation.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Technically it is OK. But in practical terms this case will be much harder to get approved and the bona fides and authenticity of your long distance relationship will need to be thoroughly documented.

Hiring a competent immigration attorney to handle the case you is a must.