I want to konow if you think I have a case.. heres the gist of my story

Glendale, AZ |

I was admitted to Banner Thunderbird Medical Center with severe pain in my groin/gluteus maximus area. The doctors examined the area, did tests and determined that an incision was needed to drain the infected area. The following morning a Dr. came to perform the procedure. One incision was made on the inside of my rectum to drain the infection. That proved unsuccessful. The following day two more incisions were made on the right gluteus maximus to drain the infection. I stayed in the hospital for two weeks for developing Sepsis Syndrome from the infection. When I was released from the hospital, I was issued a home care nurse to come and pack my wounds for one week. After several months of not healing and continually having fecal matter come out of the wounds, it never healed

It would be necessary to review medical records to be sure. But what do you think was done wrong? What preceded the original infection? Cases involving infection tend to be very difficult. A medical malpractice case involves unreasonable medical care which causes a significant injury that would not have occurred otherwise.

I really feel that is what Im dealing with, my dr released me before I was healed, the wound never closed and turned into a fistula, which then had to be removed by a new dr in excess leaving a horrible scar. Had the injury been dealt with the right way.. a 2nd or 3rd surgery should have never been needed. Can I call you somewhere?

John M Curtin

John M Curtin

Right now, my workload is such that I doubt i could help. But there are many good medical malpractice lawyers in Phoenix. Best of luck in seeking redress.

Proving medical negligence is not easy. Your records would need to be reviewed by a medical specialist who would need to conclude that the standard of care was violated and that this violation caused you injury. If your care was provided by an emergency doctor, the proof of negligence is higher than other areas of medicine. You would need to prove the negligence by a "clear and convincing" standard.

I agree with the other attorneys. Keep in mind that there are sometimes unfortunate risks associated with surgery and recovery. Good luck.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.