I want to know where to complain about an atty for not counseling me properly? do i need recorded evidence??

Asked almost 2 years ago - Floral Park, NY

My life means something to me, I want to hold atty accountable to inform me of all options * thats what i hire for, legal advice so what dept handles complaints and if atty refused to answer my legal questions on the case by silence and not answering me, is that lack of counsel as well? wht other options can i do if he simply wont answer me with legal advice?? He is paid .

1. 3

Answered . filing a grievance is a big deal that can lead to serious consequences for the lawyer. I suggest you start by trying to schedule a meeting and work things out. If that doesn't work, you can still file a grievance with the Disciplinary Committee if you think the lawyer acted unethically.

2. 2

Answered . Contact the local bar association or go to the Office of Court Administration website for further guidance. However, before taking this serious step, I urge you to first politely try to work out your issues with your attorney.

3. 2

Answered . You seem to be saying there is a communications issue on the attorney's part. Insist on a meeting and air your complaints and see if you get agreement for better service to your satisfaction. If not, get another lawyer. After all, you are looking for available and good advice as your goal. Filing a complaint will, from what you say, probably result in a lot of paper exchange and not much more.