I want to know where in saint Louis can I find a law firm that will take my discrimination case?

Saint Louis, MO |

I recently spoke with a paralegal an was advised that I should hire a group of lawyers I have been working on my discrimination case for 3 years now an now it as finally gotten to a point where they have offered me a settlement to end the case but I do not like the offer given an they will not accept my counter offer I was hired pregnant and fired due to my pregnancy. It has not went to federal court as of yet because I want to make sure I have lawyers first but from what I was told my case would be a heave case load for only one lawyer to handle my case also its pretty much over I have already won my case im just not happy with the settlement offer given an once again they will not accept my counter offer someone please help me

1. Please see my answer. By the way, having a settlemnt offer does mean you have "won your case". Trying a case is much harder than obtaining an unsatisfactory settlement offer.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Duplicate post.

The contents of this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any comments made in this post are general in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and law of your case.

3. This was posted twice. See a local employment attorney.

4. You should call the Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (573) 636-3635 and request an employment lawyer located in the St. Louis area. http://www.mobar.org/lrs/clients.htm From the website it looks like they charge a $25 fee for the referral, but in exchange you get a free 30 minute consultation with the lawyer they refer you to. I hope this information helps.

5. Many attorneys steer away from cases in which clients think they have a "slam dunk." Litigation is unpredictable. If you are considering filing in federal court, your case in far from won. Employment cases are tough to win and expensive to litigate. I'm not saying you do or don't have strong claims, just that you shouldn't assume you'll come up with a large judgment.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.