I want to know where in saint Louis can I find a law firm that will take my discrimination case?

Asked 7 months ago - Saint Louis, MO

I recently spoke with a paralegal an was advised that I should hire a group of lawyers I have been working on my discrimination case for 3 years now an now it as finally gotten to a point where they have offered me a settlement to end the case but I do not like the offer given an they will not accept my counter offer I was hired pregnant and fired due to my pregnancy. It has not went to federal court as of yet because I want to make sure I have lawyers first but from what I was told my case would be a heave case load for only one lawyer to handle my case also its pretty much over I have already won my case im just not happy with the settlement offer given an once again they will not accept my counter offer someone please help me

1. Ronald Jay Eisenberg

3

Answered . Many attorneys steer away from cases in which clients think they have a "slam dunk." Litigation is unpredictable. If you are considering filing in federal court, your case in far from won. Employment cases are tough to win and expensive to litigate. I'm not saying you do or don't have strong claims, just that you shouldn't assume you'll come up with a large judgment.

2. Mark Dean

Pro

2

Answered . Duplicate post.

3. Michael Charles Doland

3

Answered . Please see my answer. By the way, having a settlemnt offer does mean you have "won your case". Trying a case is much harder than obtaining an unsatisfactory settlement offer.

4. Monique Antonia Miles

2

Answered . You should call the Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (573) 636-3635 and request an employment lawyer located in the St. Louis area. http://www.mobar.org/lrs/clients.htm From the website it looks like they charge a $25 fee for the referral, but in exchange you get a free 30 minute consultation with the lawyer they refer you to. I hope this information helps.

5. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

1

Answered . This was posted twice. See a local employment attorney.