Skip to main content

I want to know the process of name split on an indian passport and visa while in US (H1B visa holder)

Charlotte, NC |

I have indian passport with given name as xx yy zz and surname 'blank'. So my US visa has the following given name - FNU and surname - xx yy zz. I want to change it to given name - xx and surname - yy. without any zz as it is my father's name.
What is the process for the same?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The process is to consult with an immigration attorney directly and fully disclose ay details as to the name discrepancy. Then you can resolve the problem.


I agree with my Colleague, consult with an immigration attorney and they will help you file the proper paperwork to make the changes you require.


I agree with my colleagues. A review of the documents is necessary.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


Speak with an immigration attorney and the attorney will guide you through the process.


Robert Brown LLC
2330 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
Durham, NC 27713

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer