I want to know the process of name split on an indian passport and visa while in US (H1B visa holder)

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

I have indian passport with given name as xx yy zz and surname 'blank'. So my US visa has the following given name - FNU and surname - xx yy zz. I want to change it to given name - xx and surname - yy. without any zz as it is my father's name.
What is the process for the same?

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

3

Answered . The process is to consult with an immigration attorney directly and fully disclose ay details as to the name discrepancy. Then you can resolve the problem.

2. Steven Tanijo

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my Colleague, consult with an immigration attorney and they will help you file the proper paperwork to make the changes you require.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. A review of the documents is necessary.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

Answered . Speak with an immigration attorney and the attorney will guide you through the process.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
    2330 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713