I want to know if it is possible to sue a car dealership, they sold me a car that was not what they portrayed it to be. Thanks.

Wausau, WI |

They sold me a vehicle and said eveything worked perfectly and and nothing was wrong with it, and signed a piece of paper saying that. It had horrible brake pads, roders, the check engine light came on immediatley after leaving the dealership, and it had illegally tinted windows, which I got pulled over for the same day, thankfully i was only given a warning, please help me.

If you purchased a car from a dealer relying upon the dealer's representations about the condition of the car, and the car is not in the condition promised, Wisconsin law may provide a remedy. Wisconsin law does impose certain requirements on a used car dealer to make disclosures of known problems and problems that it should have known upon a reasonable inspection. There is a Buyer's Guide required in Wisconsin that a dealer is suppose to complete, and it covers many of the basic functions of the car. If the dealer made affirmative representations about the condition of the car, then these too can be the basis for a claim. Claims include violations of Wisconsin's consumer protection laws and laws tht provide remedies for intentional or negligent misrepresentations of the dealer that you relied upon. You may want to talk to a consumer protection attorney licensed in Wisconsin to see what remedies you may have. I have provided a link to the National Association of Consumer Advocates, as they maintain a membership list by state. NACA members represent consumers in these types of matters.

Is it possible to sue? Yes. Anyone can sue.

Can you get anything by doing so? Probably? If the amount you paid was less than $10,000.00 you can probably bring it as a small claims action. If it is more, you will want to have a lawyer.

Have you asked them to make it right or take the car back?

Contact the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection and file a complaint if they won't make it good. This may do as much good as a lawsuit and is easier.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm