I want to know if i have any options on the house i live in if i havent heard from the landlord in a year and 6 months and

Pontiac, MI |

the house is in tax forclosure

1. You could potentially buy it when it comes up for foreclosure sale. You may want to go ask your landlord if you can buy the property, it will salvage a loss for him if he can no longer afford the property. That is if anyone knows who actually owns the property. It can't hurt to ask. If he says "yes" he'll sell you the property I would suggest you speak with an attorney about how to purchase the home before it comes up for auction. Explore your options.

Legal disclaimer: I am not your attorney and we have no attorney/client relationship. This response is submitted for informational purposes only. This is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be taken as such. Anyone considering the above referenced response and should always consult directly with an attorney within your jurisdiction before taking any action based on this, or any other information. This information is provided without any cost and therefore is worth what you paid for it. Again this information does not create any privileged attorney/client relationship and you are cautioned about information you convey to any person in a public forum.

2. Legal options, no. But practical options, yes. As my colleague has pointed out. Possibly an opportunity for you.

This is general legal information, not intended to apply to your specific case. And I may not be licensed to practice in your particular state. Under Federal Law, I am a debt relief agent.

3. I agree with Attorney Ostrowski and keep in mind that you have no more rights than I do to that house right now. What I mean is, just because you live there does not mean you can simply keep it. Do it the right way like Mr. Ostrowski mentioned. If you don't, someone else may buy it at the tax sale and kick you out. Good Luck!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

Landlord-tenant law topics