I want to know if I deserve shares of a company that is just starting up?

Lafayette, IN |
Filed under: Business Startups

I have been working as a graphic / web designer with a startup (which does not nor has it paid me because they haven't made any money) on the "promise" that I would be a share holder. Now that the 2 other guys are beginning to see a lot of promise for success, they want to split the shares of the company 50/50 (excluding me). I have invested about 250+ hours of labor and money for resources and transportation. I want to know if I can demand shares considering that that was a HUGE reason I invested so much in this project.

You can demand all you want, but whether or not you get any shares will depend on several factors. Chiefly, do you have any writing that says you will get shares in exchange for your work? Is there already an existing entity with which you did business? Your question is really beyond the scope of this forum, I would suggest you use the find lawyer tab to locate an attorney in your area who can help you. Many attorneys office a free initial consultation where you can find out your legal rights.Good Luck.

Nothing herein is intended to create an attorney client relationship and the response is intended to provide generally a broad response to the area posed by the question. Each question is governed by unique facts and no answer provided is intended to specifically answer the question, but is a general overview of the area of law contained in the question.

Thank you!

Alan Daniel Hall

Alan Daniel Hall

You're welcome.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business