I want to know if I can sue my employer?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Syracuse, NY

I was fired a few days after I gave my 2 weeks notice because they said I was on the phone for 35 minutes and I didn't ask permission. I believe I was fired because they were angry that I took my 2 week vacation before I put in my 2 wk notice, because they say its not ours, it's a privilige. I believe this because I was not on the phone for 35 minutes, it was maybe 10 minutes tops and anytime me or anyone used the phone, for any length of time or without permission, did not even receive a warning .

1. Vincent Peter White

Answered . I am sorry, in the facts related here I do not see a claim that my firm would be able to assist you with.

2. Meghan Hayes Slack

1

Answered . Assuming you are an at-will employee (without an employment contract or union membership), you can be terminated at any time for any reason. You can be terminated for making a personal call at work, you can be terminated early for putting in your two weeks notice. And your employer is not required to provide you with a warning or treat all employees the same when disciplining them.