I want to know if I can do anything about One West bank asking me to pay back 20,000 dollars in mortgage payments I didnt make

Asked over 3 years ago - Bethlehem, PA

while waiting for them to modify my loan. they kept asking me for updated info for 8mths them informed me that they were foreclosing on my home I filed bankruptcy but it seems our pay back plan isnt feasable. this bank has caused me mental anguish and phyiscal illness.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Bernard James Conway

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . It appears you are in bankruptcy - CH 13? - you should be working with an attorney in that legal proceeding to get a feasible plan. The relief from the arrearages can be addressed there. Forget the thought of 'mental anguish etc' - unfortunately that will not be a successful cause of action (the whole country would sue them if it were otherwise).

    Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post... more
  2. Christopher John Lane

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If your plan isn't feasible, then you need to submit another plan. Plans are usually not feasible because your income is too low or your expenses are too high. Work with a BK attorney to get this right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,923 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,923 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering