I want to know if i can apply to reenter the united states legally (I 212) or a waiver to reduce my ban?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I was deported first for something I didnt do, a set up by Dallas Police (basictly I got in a fight in MY house, with a guy who wouldnt leave because he had a gun and i told him to leave, got arrested and then cops wrote false statements that got me deported), which banned me for 10yrs. and then a second time for trying to reenter illegally (I needed to be with my family). so now I have a 20 yr ban. It was a mistake i know, but im willing to pay what ever, to remove this and return. my wife (an american citizen) and daughter are living with me here in Mexico, but we find it hard because not only have I not been in Mexico since I was 4yrs old, but my daughter knows no spanish, so I have to put her in a private school, and here the money is not enought, we are just making it by.

1. Dean P Murray

4

1

Answered . A 20 year ban? Do you mean a 10 year bar? A lawyer would need to review the exact detail of your case. You may be eligible for a waiver. You should contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and obtain professional assistance. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

2. Carlos E Sandoval

3

Answered . You should contact an immigration lawyer directly to review the merits of your case.

3. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

2

Answered . It would be unwise and irresponsible for an Immigration attorney to answer your question without having all the facts and documentation in front of them. Contact an Immigration attorney to help you. It might be a good idea to get a copy of your file to know exactly what went on, as well as copies of the final disposition in your criminal case. Only then can an attorney assess your options. Good luck.