I want to know if I can Sue by landlord for letting someone in to my Appointment While we were still legal tenets

Asked 9 months ago - West Chester, PA

Me ,my wife and son want up to her dads home and my landlord texted me and ask if we lift every for him to get rid of. Didn't tell us he was coming by no 24 hr Notice. When we got back to our home we find a lot of stuff missing and the down Stairs Neighbor told me that our landlord let him in to our home to remove thing I am Certified in construction all my tools want missing I also work in an Mechanic shop and all them tool want missing and a lot of other thing want missing . Do I have an. Lawsuit here if not what can I do I got about $ 30,000 of just tools missing

Thank you
Quincy

1. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

3

Answered . Yes if you can prove it. File a police report against the landlord and this person. In Pennsylvania you have a right to sue under the landlord tenant act if a landlord comes into possession of items of yours without a court order. It may be able to be construed that the landlord directed this person to take the items. You should consult with an attorney. Feel free to contact me

2. Michael Ian Werner

2

Answered . From what you have written, this landlord has GREATLY exceeded his legal rights. Gather all of your evidence and make an appointment with a local Landlord-Tenant lawyer.

3. Gregory L Abbott

1

1

Answered . IF you can prove what you say, you may have one heck of a lawsuit against the landlord. You also might have grounds to file a criminal complaint with the police against him. Go see a local landlord tenant attorney to learn you exact rights and options. You don't have to put up with this sort of behavior from a landlord. Good luck.