I want to know if I can Sue by landlord for letting someone in to my Appointment While we were still legal tenets

West Chester, PA |

Me ,my wife and son want up to her dads home and my landlord texted me and ask if we lift every for him to get rid of. Didn't tell us he was coming by no 24 hr Notice. When we got back to our home we find a lot of stuff missing and the down Stairs Neighbor told me that our landlord let him in to our home to remove thing I am Certified in construction all my tools want missing I also work in an Mechanic shop and all them tool want missing and a lot of other thing want missing . Do I have an. Lawsuit here if not what can I do I got about $ 30,000 of just tools missing

Thank you
Quincy

IF you can prove what you say, you may have one heck of a lawsuit against the landlord. You also might have grounds to file a criminal complaint with the police against him. Go see a local landlord tenant attorney to learn you exact rights and options. You don't have to put up with this sort of behavior from a landlord. Good luck.

Nothing contained herein should be considered as legal advice for any specific situation and nothing herein is intended to create a lawyer-client relationship. Every case is very "fact-specific" and persons wishing legal advice on a specific matter should contact me or another attorney for an appointment to review their particular circumstances and to create a lawyer-client relationship. Gregory L. Abbott, Attorney at Law, 6635 North Baltimore, Suite 254, Portland, Oregon 97203. Tel: 503-283-4568; Fax: 503-283-4586; Email: gregabbott@comcast.net. Specializing in Consumer and Small Business Law.

I have the text Messages from the down Stairs Neighbor saying that our landlord let him in my Apartment

Do you think that Is Proof enough?

Gregory L Abbott

Gregory L Abbott

Only a local attorney, after thoroughly reviewing the entire matter, can tell you that. If you have lost $30,000, it is truly worth reviewing it with an attorney.

That's just my tools

Thank you

Yes if you can prove it. File a police report against the landlord and this person. In Pennsylvania you have a right to sue under the landlord tenant act if a landlord comes into possession of items of yours without a court order. It may be able to be construed that the landlord directed this person to take the items. You should consult with an attorney. Feel free to contact me

DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877

From what you have written, this landlord has GREATLY exceeded his legal rights. Gather all of your evidence and make an appointment with a local Landlord-Tenant lawyer.

If you liked my answer, please rate it "HELPFUL" or "BEST". You can contact me for further detailed answers at 412-904-5305. **DISCLAIMER** Michael I. Werner is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. His practice focuses on Pennsylvania Landlord-Tenant Law, Estate Planning, Pennsylvania Real Estate, Assessment Appeals, and General Business Matters. This answer is based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with an attorney prior to taking legal actions on your own.