I want to know, if use student loan, and i also do a visa k1 ussing my brothers affidavit, if i will have problem ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Metuchen, NJ

hello, I'm massiel, I'm american citizen, my boyfriend is in Dominican republic, I'm planning to do a visa K1, and married in the USA but using my brother affidavit, I'm studying psychology with a student loans, and i want to know if i will have trouble with my petition or my boyfriend visa if I use my brother affidavit having loans?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . I think you watch too many horror movies. You should have no cross problems in either of the two areas of your concern.

2. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . That is not a problem, but the Dominican embassy is very tough on fiancé petitions and you need a lot of evidence. You should consult with a lawyer for assistance or at least a consultation so you understand what you need to accomplish and the risks.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . You having student loans and your brother having other loans do not make you ineligible to file I-864/ I-134. Read the instructions on the form carefully to check if you otherwise qualify as far as income requirement goes.

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Not on that basis.