I want to hire a defense attorney for my boyfriend who will plea bargain for him. We do not want to go to trial. Anyone?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

He has been in trouble before with drugs. First time he received probation. He violated it with a new drug and gun charge. He went to a prison boot camp and was released on parole. A few months ago he was found in a house with drugs and is now sitting in the cook county jail being charged with manufacturing and delivery of cocaine. He recently met with the parole board and they decided not to violate his parole. He has been offered a minimum of 4 years at 50% where he would be released sooner plus he is credited for the days he has been in the cook county jail (150 so far). He wants to try for a better deal. The family wants to hire a private attorney because the public defender he has won't make the requests he is asking for. He wants a drug program. Is this possible?

1. Matthew R. Gebhardt

5

Answered . It is possible depending on his background and the facts of the case and his background. For more information look here:

http://www.illinois-defenseattorney.com/cookcou...
    Due to the serious nature of these charges, it is imperative that you consult with an attorney. Most criminal defense firms, including ours, will give you a one time no charge consultation.

Law Offices of Matthew R Gebhardt, P.C.
    555 Skokie Blvd.
    Suite 500
    Northbrook IL 60062
    (847) 239-4703
    mrglaw@sbcglobal.net
    www.illinois-defenseattorney.com

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

4

Answered . Best bet is to have a 402 with the judge and ask for TASC probation.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Without meeting with a prospective client and analyzing all intricacies of the incidental details of the pending criminal case, it is impossible to issue a correct legal impression regarding the situation. The best logical approach would be selecting a capable reputable criminal counsel of your choice and meeting confidentially.

4. Eric P. Pitsch

Pro

3

Answered . Seeking counsel is the first and best option. You will learn the best route to take. Use local counsel, as they will know the judge's, etc. and be able to tell you what to expect.