I want to have sex with a 16 year old but the age of consent in my state is Eighteen. Can I travel to other states to do?

Asked 11 months ago - San Francisco, CA

I am a 42 and I want to have sex with a 16 year old but the age of consent in my state is Eighteen. Can I travel to other states to do?

1. Greg Thomas Hill

5

Answered . I doubt many attorneys here are going to advise someone how to commit an act that is illegal under California law by going outside California for the specific purpose of doing so.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

4

Answered . You need serious help. Please seek a professional with your issues. If you act on this you are looking at severe charges.
    Robert Driessen

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, you may be arrested.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Sure crossing state lines to commit a illegal act will not violate California law, but did you ever hear of the Mann Act? You would be violating Federal Law and if caught your fellow inmates may want to entertain you in the same way and you are not a minor.

Avvo can I check the yes box twice?

5. William Emil Cassara

Pro

2

Answered . You can try and rationalize this all you want, but it is illegal.

6. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . In some states the legal age of consent is less than 16. But, traveling across state lines in order to have sex with an underage girl is illegal. You could be prosecuted under federal laws and under California law when you return. Probably best to stick with those 18 and older.