I want to go back in the philippines because i want to study there for college and NOT comeback here in United states.

Houston, TX |

Do you think i can go home? Im 15 years old about to turn 16 this coming september.. I lived here in U.S (texas) for just 2 years and 4 months.. I always ask my parents about me going back to philippines. They always give me the same answer over and over again. They said i need to wait for my immigrant thing to be able to go back, i told them im not coming back here even though i finish my college there in the philippines.. they said the embassy would NOT allow me too ,and if i go back in the philippines they said that i cant comeback here anymore... My point is . Is it really necessary to be an immigrant so i can go back in the philippines? Or can i just book the flight and go back?
Underage is not an option because my aunt go to the philippines every year and i can go with her.

I dont have a greencard yet my parents are waiting for our papers and i heard something about petitions and stuff like that but i dont really care i just want to go back

Until you are 18, your parents control whether you live in the US or abroad. Once you are 18, you can make your own decisions and will need to live with the consequences of those decisions.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

So can i still go home?

You should listen to your parents.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

No offense. But, a person of 15/16 doesn't have enough life experience to make a life-time decision ... such as NEVER wanting to come to the US.

Listen to your parents.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals...opportunities to travel / study internationally will open up especially if immigration reform passes.

You can take PAL 102 from LA to Manila.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

So your telling me i can go back?

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

From an immigration law point of view yes. But you are not an adult so you need your parents permission.

Do yourself and your parents a favor. Go to school, get good grades, and make them proud. You will be a much happier person (and so will they). And don't forget to shut your mouth and listen to your parents and do what they say. Believe it or not, they have made mistakes too - and they're trying to prevent you from making a big one.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

So i can still go back?

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Once you're 18 you can do whatever you want. Luckily for you, being stupid is not a crime.

Education law topics